This document refers to personal data, this is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
MyLife Bathrooms is pleased to provide the following GDPR information:
Who we are
A family-owned business which started in November 2013, MyLife Bathrooms has quickly established itself as one of the market leaders in the bathroom distribution industry. MyLife operate a warehousing and distribution facility.
Based in Newry, Co. Down, the Company has an additional base in Wishaw, Scotland.
MyLife Bathrooms uses the information collected from you to make telephone contact or to email you in connection with our business and to carry out transactional processes. In you making initial contact you consent to MyLife Bathrooms maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you optout (which you can do at any stage).
Some personal data may be collected about you from any paperwork you may complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. MyLife Bathrooms may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. We may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to our website.
Any information MyLife Bathrooms holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
MyLife Bathrooms will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with appropriate services, we will never sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that MyLife Bathrooms has purchased from a third-party list broker, on behalf of a client.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet MyLife Bathrooms’ contractual obligations to customers and suppliers and to also respond to marketing and product enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by MyLife Bathrooms and/or its clients
To promote the products and marketing services offered by MyLife Bathrooms.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to MyLife Bathrooms processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer or by phoning or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
MyLife Bathrooms may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. MyLife Bathrooms requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. MyLife Bathrooms do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the Company without your consent. However, MyLife Bathrooms may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The agency may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of MyLife Bathrooms, its clients and/or the wider community.
MyLife Bathrooms will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. Further details can be found in our Data Retention Policy with is available upon request.
Data is held on-site and off-site in the UK. Data is backed-up to servers based in the EU. MyLife Bathrooms does not store personal data outside the EU.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst MyLife Bathrooms is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that MyLife Bathrooms refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
MyLife Bathrooms at your request can confirm what information it hold about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of MyLife Bathrooms or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what Personal data is held, identification will be required
MyLife Bathrooms will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
A copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If MyLife Bathrooms is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to the Data Protection Officer or by phoning or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by [company] or its partners, you have the right to complain to MyLife Bathroom Data Protection Officer. If you do not get a response within 30 days’ you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Data Protection Officer
Greenbank Industrial Estate,
Newry, Co. Down, BT34 2QU
Tel: 028 3025 6392
Information Commissioner’s Office
14 Cromac Place
Tel: 028 9027 8757 or 0303 123 1114